Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Acabo de llevar


Is that how you say "I have just arrived"? Any Spanish speakers, please chime in!

So yes, I am here, with no hitches in the day at all... taxi and bus connections AOK, and then a lovely being named Marcel met me in a green Citroen to get the rest of the way to El Bruc. He and his wife Karine run the place, do the most excellent cooking (have had my first dinner now), round up whatever you need for your work (easles, staple gun, etc.). Immediately after arrival, it started to rain. Whew! I'm counting my blessings, because it was quite a deluge.

This afternoon I set up my supplies in the studio (conveniently down the hall), stretched a canvas, started a list for the art supply run tomorrow, and began a painting already. Not bad for the first day! I'm not very newsy tonight, but stay tuned.

First pic is my studio space... a blank slate. 2nd pic is looking out the front door of the complex at ground level; the rain had stopped for a bit. S'all right, I'm here, I'm happy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not jealous, I'm not jealous...!! Ah, the blank canvas in paradise, raining or not! You want to say Acabo de llegar for I've just arrived. But, llevar is the word for the taxi driver!! Lleveme al museo, etc. Can't wait for more posts!

    ReplyDelete