Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Go Toward the Music.





I hear you're supposed to "go toward the light" at the end of this grand illusion, but I think I'd rather go toward the music. As my pics are downloading to the computer, I'm listening to Anthony Bourdain's "Celebrity Playlist" on iTunes. (Hi Dyan!) The camera offload will take quite a while, the street musicians were busy tonight, and I've got video clips of many... and have gone from having about a pound of change to not even enough for a bus ride! That's OK, they were all worth it, and I'm happy to leave some "thanks" in their hat or guitar case.

What a walk this evening! Unexpectedly, I went to my first art show tonight [pics 1 & 2] which was not only open at night but free. Hail yes! It was an exhibit of 23 young artists, the show was called "Grafika". What is your interpretation of the first image? Leave a comment, below, if so inclined.

I got to see la policía in action again [photo 3], they're just as present and active here as in Barcelona. They actually hauled this guy (on the far left) off to the gaol, leading him alongside their pretty ponies. He doesn't look that rough, does he? Guess you have to look sharp in these parts.

Eventually I got to where I was headed when I set out, and tried my best to capture the awesome Palacio de Cebeles [pic 4]. Looks like it's time for that Canon G12 that I'm desirous of, my present cam isn't up to the job. Oh well. You get the gist, I hope.

On the way home, I passed the Horno San Onofre (horno = oven) and, well, can you blame me for buying one of these?! [pic 5] It's my reward for writing up two posts in one day. Chomp!

2 comments:

  1. Looks Hopi-an to me, with the usual artist's license...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regarding image no. 1, Magritte meets Houdini! Are you having a blast or what??!! Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete