Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ramón

Ramón has a very nice little bar/restaurant in El Bruc. I took advantage of the break in the rain yesterday to go out walking, trying to get the gist of the town layout, nearest bridge to it, etc. Along the way, Ramón was sitting outside his place and we struck up a conversation, he invited me to sit, and allowed me to take photos of him because "soy una pintora" and "me gusta pintare los portratos"... I guess he understood me, he confirmed it in English! Well, he showed me around the joint (storage room where the pigs used to live... another where the goats lived... and the waning vege garden)... and upon returning to the front where his daughter was in charge of making café, I ordered a capucino and in the end, Ramón would not let me pay for it. It was lovely to talk to a local, since I've been cooped up at Can Serrat for... how many days? So this is the start of Ramón's portrait. I am happy with this start, since I've tried to keep it sketchy--even using my palette knife in places--and I do hope to continue in the same vein tomorrow. The light was starting to wane in the studio, so I grabbed a quick photo and now need to figure out if any restaurant is open in the village, as they do not serve us a meal on Sunday nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment