Sunday, November 6, 2011

Progress

Quick post... progress on the Mir study. I may not get much further, I want to paint Ramón now. Oh, I should mention that the toned canvas used some pigments found in a corner here that were left over from the restoration of the big cathedral up at Montserrat. They are really really really super intense colors! Just gorgeous. I'm looking forward to going up there to see where they might have been used. Since they were mixed with gesso for my ground, the resulting blue is very pastel. Still, it gives a nice glow.

2 comments:

  1. There is a theme that I figure out after looking at this for a minute or two, of "stair-step" shapes. The shadow that leads me into the painting, the left branch on the right tree that echoes the right edge of the building, and then the tree at the center, all making for wonderful shapes and energy that doesn't overpower. I hope you are very close to finished with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may be pretty close to finished, not so much because it's "finished" tho'... more because I get bored and want to start something else!

    Today, I seem to be able to post comments on my blog without blogger telling me to "start a blog"! So... thanks for commenting, Janie! I really appreciate it. I'm off to look at the painting again with your comments in mind....

    ReplyDelete