Monday, November 14, 2011

Mireia Peñalver

It was a lovely 11-11-11 here (several days ago, now), starting with a morning of yoga in the sunshine facing Montserrat, and ending with a concert in the village. A 19-year old cellist (named in this post's title) played a Bach recital for us, solo, and it was exquisite. I hadn't taken my camera because I just wanted to enjoy the evening without distraction. Well that is always a mistake. Luckily I had my phone cam at least, and the (very poor) resulting image is what I'm working from for this new painting. This is the grisaille, and I can see geeky bits that need correcting, but I can do that when I do the painting on top. I'm letting this underpainting dry, catching up on the blog, then it's off to chart my course for the remaining week. I need to stop painting 'long about Saturday, at the latest, in order for the most recent work to be dry enough to roll up and pack. So, which will I continue to work on? Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. Is it synergy? All day long I've had that Pink Martini song in my head, U Plavu Noru, where Pansy Chang plays the intro and the closing with the most haunting and beautiful cello solo! This is beautiful so far. Wonderful composition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or "synchronicity"? Wow. And here's more: Chang is Jackie's last name (ref. earlier post about her famous-artist grandfather). And the cello, yes!!, the cello, perhaps my favorite instrument, I was so excited when I heard about the concert, and Mireia did not disappoint. Hmmm... I'll see if I have that PM song on my iPod!

    ReplyDelete