Saturday, November 19, 2011

It's art if I say it's art!

And this is as close as it gets, for now. No gift wrap paper, ribbon, or otherwise are available here. So a plastic bag (from some post cards?), various treasures plucked out of nature, and a bit of spare string off of my improvised pochade case will have to do. (The black and grey streaky background is the tabletop of my workspace in the studio... archaeological evidence of many people having worked there!) Marcel is a musician himself and I know he likes blue & jazz. On my recent BCN trip, I was able to find Esperanza Spalding and Howlin' Wolf CDs at FNAC, I'm sure he gonna love 'em!

The "cellar" looks awesome down there, we're all set for another concert, and several pieces of artwork by each of us are on display (spotlit, even), so that the village peeps can see what we've been up to here. I do so hope that Ramón comes to see his portrait. ( I doubt that Mireia is in the village now, unfortunately, I've heard that she actually plays with the Barcelona Symphony.) I'm showing those two small studies, and a larger painting, the first faux Mir, "Canyelles".

Ought to be a very fun night. Happy Birthday to Marcel... I'll drink to that! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment