Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Meet Caspian


About 15 min. after arrival, I was talking to Rainbow when her son ran up to her. What a sweetie! I asked if he might sit for a portrait, but alas--they were leaving the next day. (OK--confession--I asked if she would, but I was wrong on that score. He's quite beautiful, yes?) Well then, may I take photos? She asked Caspian. He responded by immediately striking a number of fashion model runway poses. I liked the first one best... the one when I wasn't quite ready, and it's out of focus. Oh well, that's the one I'm painting. Here it is so far (top pic).

This morning... well it ended up being at noon, after all... I joined the expedition (Karine driving) to the art supply store in the next village, even tho' I didn't really need anything. (Yeaaa me! Good packing.) OK, so I came home with pastels and paper anyway! The second photo is the kitchen of--oh, sorry, I'll have to ask Karine what his name is!--the painter-slash-art-supplies-vendor. He gives classes too. What a wonderful human being, he gets everything imaginable at wholesale prices, and doesn't mark them up. Can you blame me for buying something?!?!

Raining again today. Apparently we're in a micro-climate where the fog and drizzle "sticks" to the rock mass of Montserrat. It was dry with patches of blue down in Martorell (pronounced roughly "mahr-toh-rey-yuh"; 20.4 km away per googlemaps). I may be making more trips down the hill than I planned! (I'm in El Bruc, for any of you googlemappers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment