Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Expose yourself to art!



Should I put on heavy boots and an overcoat, and go flashing? heh heh (inside joke for Portlanders). Well, Bud Clark's got nothing on ultra-decor Madrid (top pic). This nude beauty is on the facade of the Palacio de Cibeles, in the plaza I will return to this evening for some night shots. That's the jaw-dropper plaza I saw last night on arrival.

Sidenote: Now that I think about it, I don't know the background to that famous flasher poster, myself, so I found the story here: Expose yourself to art!

Right now I'm resting my feet to get ready for another prowl around town. Wish I'd bought a pedometer so I could keep track of my foot-mileage! I would guess about five miles today. And as I rest my feet, this (second shot) is the view from my leetle desk, past the balcony grillwork to the street. It's siesta time right now, so no people streaming by, below. It's a bit too chilly to leave the window open like this, but how could I not? I keep putting on more layers. Three so far... probably do four by the time I go out again.

It was a glorious blue-sky day when I set out this morning, so I've only walked and gawked... and scoped out the Prado and the Thyssen-Bornemisza museums, to see what kind of lines I'm in store for... and therefore, what type of museum pass I should get. Neither had lines at 11 a.m., that was a big surprise. Last photo is in the Parque del Buen Retiro, where I saw the first hint of Fall color in trees. I have learned that leaves have Fall color in only 10% of the world (although I should fact check that!), so that was nice to see.

Stay tuned.... night shots to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment