Monday, September 7, 2009

Would have liked to talk to this guy...

He was reading a newspaper, all nonchalant there on the bench. But it's not my photo, so no chance of speaking with the gent. He looked to be very refined. Perhaps LaValle can tell me more about him--this is one of her images, and she has graciously allowed me to paint some of them. Out of all of her gloriously beautiful photographs, this fellow jumped out at me, and I've wanted to paint him since I first laid eyes on his sexy red shoes!

So, I'm back on track, I hope. Gosh, yesterday was awful! I had a glitch with trying a new surface (I'm not supposed to be painting with oils directly on paper--am researching this issue) and it went very very very badly. Yikes, Gesso, yuck. Back to my beloved paper for the time being! I tried to paint my cousin's daughter's child, but OMG--the poor little girl would be so frightened if she ever saw my effort. I will try again sometime.

I need to work on the back foot, here--but don't see what is needed right now. Perhaps tomorrow.

1 comment: