Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Extras

Between the morning activities and having to go out this evening--and the afore-mentioned extra work on the red shoes--I had very little time left. So I thought I'd try an abstract. Eeeck! Haven't done one before and don't really know where to start. So I just used the leftover paint from the last several days' work, and starting smooshing and streaking. Hm. Needed something, so I added the rows of dots on the right. Now that I look at it, I think I'll call it "The Extras" (for extra paint!) And also because the dots look like movie extras, lined up out in the rain, waiting for their audition.

Or something.

2 comments:

  1. Very good for your first abstract.
    LaValle

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice cheat... and calling abstract! hehe anything goes when it comes to modern art right? ;) have you seen Serena's left over paint stripes paintings? they are pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete