Thursday, September 17, 2009

Koz... just because.


The current PAM member's magazine mentioned John Baldessari, whom I thought was a set designer in Italy but the internet produces unfamiliar work---I must be thinking of a different one. So I referred to my journal from an Italy trip and see that nope, same name, there's another one there. Hm. OK.

Anyway, all this pondering---oops, contemporary word would be Googling!---led me to a March 2006 NYTimes article that discusses "..three artists they thought would survive the crash: John Baldessari, Takashi Murakami, and Thomas Ruff." So now who's Murakami? In looking for him, I ran across a pic of him with Kanye West from the "Billionaire Boys Club" site (hmmm... tomorrow I'll research the Billionaire Girl's Club!!!!), and on that site I saw this cool-looking Koz building, so I clicked on that and went to thecoolhunter.co.uk and learned this about the building: it's a "...children’s sports and recreation center in Saint-Cloud, a wealthy community located in the metropolitan area of Paris, about six miles from the city center."

So that's how today's painting came to be. But I wasn't all that crazy about the painting---perhaps abstract architectural rendering isn't my niche? ;-) ? ---so I ran it through a Photoshop filter. There. Much better!

1 comment: