Thursday, September 3, 2009

As I passed by LaValle's flowers from yesterday's lunch, I thought they were so beautiful--and would not last forever, you know--I must take a photo of them. It was a beautiful photo, and I thought I might paint that image today, instead of any of the other ideas I had lined up. A few minutes later when I walked by them, the center had fallen out of one of them and was lying on the table with its life blood drooling out of it. Oh, the shock of life's transcience!

Why is death always so much more poignant than life? Shouldn't it be the other way around? Oh well, here I have painted a beautiful death.

1 comment:

  1. I really love the contrast on this one. I think death stops us in our tracks literally and the realization of that makes us stop and think "oh yeah! I'm gonna die someday". If we planned it it would be different. I wish we could wake up everyday and say... "wow! I'm alive today!"

    ReplyDelete