Monday, June 9, 2014

Pescara to Roma


2.5 hrs. Wow, so the bus is the way to go. Chop chop. The train was a lovely (5.5 hr.) trip, but the bus is fast, comfy and air-conditioned. So there you go, for future reference.

Exiting the bus, however....... ma donna, fa caldo! Easy cab ride from Tiburtina to Termini area, where hotel is located. First stop: post office... ok, BILL... you owe me a seared scallop dinner for my travail getting a freaking TWO EURO!! stamp (roughly $3) for your post card, and getting it mailed. And remind me to pantomime the postal service worker pace, here in Italia. Oh my!!! hahahaha

So now I am--quite literally--cowering here in my hotel room in the A/C, which--thanks again to my improving Italian language skills, I was able to comprehend how to get the darn thing to work. Really, it is suffocatingly hot outside. The market is very nearby, so ensalata mista, vino, prociuto, formagio tartufo, and other assorted goodies, and I am a happy camper with lunch eaten, about to take a nap. Maybe. Rome beckons.............

Oh, forgot to mention, yesterday I accomplished my capolavoro!! (pictured) Ma donna, what a GLORIOUS day at the beach it was!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I so very very very much did not want to leave it, to go inside to pack.)

Note: I gifted this painting to Carlo and Maria Letizia, my extra-extraordinary hosts for much longer than they would have liked, I am sure!!!!!!!!

6/9/14

No comments:

Post a Comment