Monday, June 2, 2014

One Wild Ride!



Cinque Terre in a day. Now that's crazy! I can't believe I did that, with the narrow road (some bits still not well repaired from the 2011 landslides), the hairpin turns, and the seeming endlessness of the route. But surprisingly, not much traffic. It was truly spectacular! I actually GASPED a few times! I ducked into Manarola for a stellar lunch at Trattoria dal Billy--my first stuffed clams--YUM, molto gustoso!--and was severely tempted to buy a bottle of their Crema all'Aceto Balsamico di Modena, but decided to give it a try when I get home. (And maybe sell it for $20 per little bottle like the Trattoria! lol)

The day's drive was long but well worth it. Slept in Varazze, which was not remarkable in any way, except for the comfortable bed and quietude, which allowed me to recharge for the next day's drive.

5/27/14

No comments:

Post a Comment