Monday, July 29, 2013

Workshop #2 with Scott Gellatly





My first effort in the morning (top) was a hot mess... I bit off more than I could chew, everything was so beautiful at the Blue Heron Herbary where Scott's workshop was held. I couldn't decide where to focus, so I put everything but the kitchen sink in that first painting! (In spite of his admonishment that "you get one thing"!!) Next two paintings were progressively simpler, and hence more successful. I was pretty well spent by painting #4, but I can see potential in that one. I think I'll paint it again, freshly, and on a larger panel. I thought I'd work further on this one, but now that I look at it--the following day--I think I'll leave it as is, just for the record of learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. Kay, I love all of your paintings - so fresh - great brushwork. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete