Sunday, July 8, 2012

Photoshop "gets it"!


I am not going to post all of the 20-min. paintings, and am reluctant to post this one, but it's the first one I've done since I commenced reading Charles Hawthorne's Hawthorne on Painting.  He talks about not thinking about drawing--rather to focus on putting one blob of color up against the next, and let the drawing take care of itself.  That if you get the color values right, the thing will draw itself (loosely paraphrased).  Well I used the paint leftovers from a class assignment to do this (which meant I was doomed at the start, 'cus I didn't have the right color values).  So that's the bottom pic.  Then I ran it through some P'shop filters, and liked one of those versions (top pic) much better.  Ha!  Now I want to paint the garage that color!!

No comments:

Post a Comment