Sunday, July 8, 2012

My pricey collages... heh heh!


I have neglected to mention that I am trekking out to the Rock Creek campus again, for the summer session Color Theory class.  I doubt that I'll post much from this, since there's not much to see... just mixing up lots of paint to see if I can get my eyes to see color in terms of values.  Grey scale:  no problem (well, not much).  But what value is that color?  Beats the heck out of me!  Anyway, our first assignment was to do a couple of collages.  One was to focus on balance; the other on focal point.  (And already I forget what this had to do with color.)  I liked these efforts, and decided to post 'em after all, because....

I recently visited a gallery in which there were a number of collages, made out of cut out magazine pieces, for sale for about $1500. ea.  I like mine better, but hey--I'd part with them for that price!  lol

No comments:

Post a Comment