Saturday, October 29, 2011

Who needs museums...



...in Barcelona? While they are abundant here, the street artists are prolific, and the price is gratis. This (top pic) is my favorite. Started my walk around 8 a.m. and, with a couple of breaks, returned "home" around 5:30. The highlight of the day was the Boqueria "Mercat St. Josep", the mothership of all open markets. (2nd pic) There I bought some Reblochon cheese for later... then added a Tempranillo (and corkscrew!), olives, and rice crackers, and am having a lovely repast in my own room, listening to Raphael streaming on jango.com, which is kicking out some other good Spanish singers as well. Anyway, Raphael is playing at Teatre Liceu tomorrow night... I'm trying to decide if I want to go.

Just before turning down my Carrer (street), I was invited by a couple of French men to step into the restaurant and help celebrate something-or-other (I couldn't understand that part, but my French was way better than Spanish, still), and they all serenaded me with (possibly) the loudest and (definitely) most exhuberent rendition of "You'll Never Walk Alone" (3rd pic). Now isn't that a good way to end a walk?! Hey, stop that! I couldn't make this s**t up!

Oh, I meant to mention... all my paints made it through security. YEAAA!

No comments:

Post a Comment