Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gate 2B moved to 7C, but Seat 9F arrived fine!



I arrived safely, albeit later than I'd hoped, so I dashed straight down to the MFA (Museum of Fine Arts/Boston) for the exhibit Degas Nudes. It was stellar... quite a retrospective. He originally wanted to be a "history painter", and there was some of his early classical drawing there. What draftsmanship!!! Curiously, the exhibit included some Delacroix, Toulousse-Lautrec, and more!... and a Matisse I loved! (Carmelina", 1903--I'd never seen a painting of his that looked like that.) I was going to leave to get some dinner, but then I noticed a sign for "Wednesday night drawing in the galleries" and hey! It's Wednesday night! So I tracked that down, and how cool! Lots of people drawing in the Impressionists gallery... see? (top pic)

They provided paper, pencils and all kinds of fancy art materials, but being pretty pooped from everything and an early early morning flight, I picked a simple pencil and small paper and did this pencil sketch... it's from a Rodin sculpture called "Ceres".

Too bad I raced off without my camera, so phone pics will have to do. Well, it's a start!

1 comment:

  1. When you said "drawing", I thought you meant like a raffle or something!! That's why you're the artist, and I'm not! Phone pix are great!

    ReplyDelete