Monday, May 19, 2014

Oh my! It just gets better and better!


We went to buy my bus ticket at the travel agency. Took his fiat (yet another car!) to the mechanic. Then up the mountain to Chieti for a visit to the Archeologial Museum. I didn't know we would be touring again, when we left the house, so--silly me--I had sandals on, and it was cold-ish and raining. We found a little shop where I could at least buy socks--ha! An Italian woman wouldn't be caught morta in socks and sandals!!! (Neither would I, if I had the choice.) Well, I got "fleeced" for the first time ever here--did not ask the price before I put them on.  Dieci euros!!!  ($14)  Carlo named them my "luxury socks"! haha

Then it was on to another incredible lunch. But wait... another dish arrived. And another... and another. I thought we were through, but then the ravioli arrived. Someone at the next table was celebrating a birthday, and they sent over glasses of Prosecco and a bit of a "traditional" cake (soaked in a liquor and honey). Yow. I sooooo overate, but oh! it was worth it!

Then we drove waaaaaaaaaaaay up a mountain to see the new-fallen snow. No place to turn around--the lodge was closed, so no road plowing had occurred--and had to back down the mountain quite a ways. (Yikes!)  But the view!  OMG, the view!!! (pic=place-saver--again, correct one is not p'shopped--will replace later)

5/14/14

No comments:

Post a Comment