Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Fa caldo!

(It's hot!)  Those were my first words, spoken to the lovely, after-shave scented man who met me at the airport in his black mercedes limo.  Boy was that a good call to not try to haul 80 lbs. of luggage on the train and then a bus and then walk the rest of the way to the B&B! Flight was shockingly fast and painless. Yeaaa KLM, with it's 13.5 hrs. total travel time from PDX (including plane switch in Amsterdam).   Had some glitches after waking up from a nap.  I have no telephone service, so Verizon was full of.... cazzate!  Have to resolve that situation tomorrow, somehow.  In the meantime, if you whatsapp me, I won't get it until I'm on someone's wi-fi network and plugged into the wall.  And email will be just evenings.

The great thing about traveling is you have to get creative in ways previously unimagined. Pic shows my improvised computer tabletop. That's my "easyL" painting palette/easel on its tripod.  If I were into selfies, you'd see me sitting in front of it, in the cool air on my own little patio. The hydrangeas look a bit like my rhoadies, which I left in full bloom. So I kinda feel like I'm sitting on my deck at home.  It's cooled down considerably, and I'm enjoying the peace and quiet of the Bamboo B&B in the Trastevere area of Roma.

It's 11pm here. Tomorrow the adventure begins. Buona notte!

P.S.  Whoops! I hadn't changed the time on computer. Really--it *is* 11pm!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link on facebook! I miss you already! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete