Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Bay Area Art Trip



What a terrific trip! Friends, food, sketching, painting and museums. Loved every minute of it. The top sketch is done while sitting peacefully in Nancy and Tony's beautiful garden oasis in Marin. The bottom sketch is done at Lake Chabot in--San Leandro? It's my friend Jane, who loaned me her cool fill-it-with-anything paintbrush pen to test. That's the black line--color is watercolor.

I also got to see Girl with the Pearl Earring at the deYoung Museum which, frankly, was a bit disappointing. I know that sounds like heresy, but I was surprised to feel so underwhelmed by it. Usually an old master painting will look extraordinary when you see the real thing, but in this case, there's not much more to be seen than the reproductions record. I appreciated the Rembrandts, Hals and other Dutch master works though.

AND! The exhibit of the Floral Designer's work, paired with contemporary art--also in the the DeYoung--was absolutely stupendous. A lovely museum day, visiting with friends and being inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment