Monday, September 14, 2015

Monhegan paintings


Oh dear, I am hopelessly behind with posting, so for now, here is a grouping of the paintings (minus one) from Monhegan--including the one from Bangor already posted (whoops, oh well). Most are 9"x 12".

It was a very fruitful four days, and I can see now that if I only did small shape & value studies for a while, when I return home, it will be the best thing I can do to progress. The two tiny "7 shapes, 5 values--max" assignment, lower right, are about 3"x 4" each. They are at once challenging and useful.

Obviously, all of these will have to be completed at home, from photos. I'll start with the lighthouse--upper left--which barely got underway (and does not include the lighthouse!!)  Instructor Tim Horn says it's his favorite of the lot.

My gear is all boxed up, ready to ship back now, and I can travel down the east coast much lighter.

9/9 - 9/12/15

No comments:

Post a Comment