Monday, September 28, 2015

Monhegan Island -- a few photos


This was shot on one of the foggy mornings--by rights, one should see Manana Island not far off in that foggy distance. I later met a woman who has been coming to the island for decades, and she gave me a little bit of the history of that red house. It was originally owned by Henry Trefethen, and he owned a lot of the island in the early days.


So morning #1, we all hiked up to the lighthouse at the top for the first demo that Tim would give during the 4-day workshop. Oh my. No shadow shapes! What the heck is he going to do with this? Well of course he did a lovely little painting in spite of the sad-sack lighting!


Afterwards--from that lighthouse vantage point--I painted this breathtaking view. My paintings will get swapped out later, when & if I finish them. For now, this was my start:


As you can see, it cleared up later in the day, and I went with that.

Sept. 9, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment