Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Rooster Rock paintout


This was a fun day trip, down the gorge with Stephanie, Vicki and Tim. The painting I came home with lacked contrast, so I've spent some time back in the studio with it. Still having a hard time with the shadows in the foreground... they should look contiguous, not like a bunch of sloppy blotches. Not that there's anything wrong with sloppy blotches, but they aren't creating the look I'm after, of the shadow from the tree behind my easel that's falling on the foreground. There are small light shapes on the ground where the light shows through the leaves. I hate to spend more time on this though, 'cus it's really not doing it for me. As my mom used to say, "we'll see."  That always meant "no"! (i.e., I don't think I'll get back to this one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment