Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Pt. Robinson Lighthouse, Vashon, WA


What a fabulous trip to the Seattle area! Fechin at the Frye. European Masters at SAM. And a stellar ferry trip over to Vashon Island, which I'm not familiar with so I just drove randomly and ended up on the Maury Island side, and walked the rest of the way to find this.... the cutest little lighthouse that ya ever did see! So I got the easel rig out of the trunk and set up for a lovely afternoon of painting. I'm much happier with this effort than any other (all three!!!!) of my plein air efforts. Maybe partially because I found a panel that has a really wonderful surface (Ampersand) so the paint went down on it well. But more because it was such a glorious, beautiful, sunny, enchanting day... perhaps that shows through a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment