Sunday, March 13, 2011

Girl with rosey ruffly hairband in her curly do

Sat in on an indie session down the street from me tonight... a terrific model, very cute with an emerald green retro dress on. The ruffly, rosey tie-back in her hair was sooooooo cute! Too bad I didn't leave room for it in my composition. GRRRRRR. Oh well, otherwise it worked out OK. 3 hours, minus the 4-5 breaks of 5-10 min. ea. for snacks and... (ahem), beverages. I was mixing paints before she arrived, thinking to continue the tonal-study theme from Aimee's class, for the practice and since I missed a class. If I'd seen who I was to be painting first, I would have gone for color. Perhaps I will, still... I have photos. Hm.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you came to Candlelight live model session at my studio. It was wonderful to have you join us. Your painting is wonderful; you added so much to our group. Everyone was glad to meet you and now I know we're neighbors :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that's great for 3 hours. nicely done!

    ReplyDelete