Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ahhhh, summer!

Out in the studio, working from a photograph taken several years ago, out at Cannon Beach. This is a very quick painting (less than two hours), and I have a bit to do on people's legs at the top, and complete their reflections a bit. I won't take this too far, so I don't overwork it. Oh, I have some refinements to make in the little girl's form, she looks more mature here than she actually was. (Hm, what's causing that? I'll have to review children's proportions.) I was inspired to do this one by looking at Sorolla's work. Holy cow... I love Sorolla! How can it be I'd never even heard of him before now??!! This recalls his work in the environs of Valencia. Except--lucky him!--he was working "direct", outdoors.
(Commenced February 15, 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment