Thursday, October 1, 2015

On to NYC


 Seen at the Whitney Museum:  Edward Hopper, study for Nighthawks




It's hard to choose just a few photos from three days in NYC! Sargent at The Met--I will add a few of those later. That was my main objective--to see the huge collection of paintings he did of artist friends--and the show was even better than one might imagine.

I opted for the Whitney on day 2. I'll keep my opinions about modern art to myself; the new building was worth the visit, and I'm always happy to see a Hopper or two. And along the way, I enjoyed the Gansevoort Market a lot. A very interesting neck o' the woods down there in the meat-packing district.

The other photos (after the Hopper study) are random phone pics, from my very enjoyable strolls around the city.

Sept. 17 - 20, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment