Saturday, August 29, 2015

Garden Vineyard, oh my!



Thursday of the first week, we went out to Garden Vineyard in Hillsboro for a gorgeous painting day and picnic. I started this painting (top pic),but had to stop and do a study of how the leaves hang down in my face with the forest in the middle-ground, and the mountains in the distance--how to push that relationship. And the graciousness of owners did not stop there... we got to return the following Tuesday! I resumed the same painting, and then at the end, realized it should include the trunk of the vine in the foreground, so I dashed that in. Now I'm thinking to add the big dark square pot that the vine is growing out of?  haha - right! It would have to be a diptych then. Never mind.

Another one that may be addressed further, after my trip. If I do continue with it, I will want to take a LOT from the little study and apply those notes.

Top:  18" x 24" stretched canvas
Bottom:  10" x 5" gessoed panel

August 20 & 25, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment