Saturday, April 11, 2015

New one underway - "Los Caracoles"



Update: Replaced top image with current state of the painting. Quite an exercise in subtle value and temperature shifts. The further along it is, the slower it goes. BTW--This is a 12" x 16" panel on 1/8" mdf.
4/15/15
Top: First block-in of painting, mostly the darks. It's very useful to photograph along the way; I see here that the building is leaning over towards the top. Whoops--didn't see that before.
4/13/15
Bottom: This is one of those sketches that I'll be sad to see it go, but I'll be painting over it--this is my new version of an "underpainting". I won't pencil in all the darks tho', which I'm finding unnecessary--just need to make some contour adjustments here and there and I'll be ready to go in paint.
4/10/15

No comments:

Post a Comment