Sunday, January 6, 2013

Samantha as "Odalisque"

This pose begged for a long canvas or board, which, regrettably, I did not have with me, way out there at Nancy's studio.  So I taped two sheets of watercolor paper together (the left half of which was not supported at all!) and got to work.  I intended to do the same as previous two efforts--pastel on top of acrylic--but as I worked on it, it seemed that I should stick with acrylic and not mix the two.  I want to complete this, but will see if I can get the two sheets mounted sturdily to a board first. Again, posting a mere work-in-progress for chronological reasons.
[painting done 1/5/13]

2 comments:

  1. Love the colors! Thanks for coming all the way out to Hillsboro to paint with us. Hope you join us again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments, Nancy--this and the one above. I'll start saving up my gas money for another session out there! lol I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete