Monday, September 17, 2012

Mantecon Workshop



This is some of the work I did last week in Lauren Mantecon's workshop at Sitka. They are all multi-media, including joint compound, handmade rabbit skin gesso, acrylic, wallpaper, magazine images, encaustic, oil paint, and probably some other stuff.  It was an awesome, productive three days... loved it!  The poem written in pencil around the second one down reads:

Bliss built this house on a hill,
painted in flesh tones.
It did not cost a pound or a euro or a schilling.
It stands forever in my mind
as the dream
drawn in free paint from the hardware store.

1 comment:

  1. Joint compound? I know I should know what that is... CCA offered a class in "Painting with non-traditional materials" and a student produced the greatest painting with tar! You can buy little cans of it at the hardware store, for roof patching, I guess. I personally haven't tried it.

    ReplyDelete