Monday, April 11, 2011

At the Galeries Lafayette

Since I have to post these with latest as most recent, this verbiage applies to the image shown, as well as the four that follow. I just finished a 5-day workshop with William Park, and I'm adding a link to his work over there on the right, case you want to check that out. His style is fast and loose, and I thought it would be "fun" and shake me out of my tree a bit. Well, it definitely did the latter... and I suppose there was a bit of the former sprinkled in here and there. Gosh, it's shocking how bloody darn serious I am and how not fun "having fun" was. Wow! What an eye-opener. Meltdowns every day, and a couple of doozies at that! Well, on the last day, I managed to do a couple of crazy things, but I was really surprised to find out how hard it is to get out of my groove--out of my comfort zone--and just let it rip. These are roughly in the order in which they were painted. I spent the most time on this one; a model in the fashion show at the Galeries Lafayette in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment